openmosixview 1.5.tar.gz (sources)
patches from Hubert Chan for openMosixview-1.5 :
binary rpm packages:
openmosixview-1.5-redhat90.i386.rpm (RedHat 9.0. RPM)
openmosixview-1.5-redhat80.i386.rpm (RedHat 8.0. RPM)
openmosixview-1.5-redhat73.i386.rpm (RedHat 7.3. RPM)
openmosixview-1.5-redhat72.i386.rpm (RedHat 7.2. RPM)
openmosixview-1.5-mdk91.i586.rpm (Mandrake 9.1 RPM)
openmosixview-1.5-suse82.i386.rpm (SuSE 8.2. RPM)
source rpm packages:
openmosixview-1.5-redhat90.src.rpm (RedHat 9.0. SRPM)
openmosixview-1.5-redhat80.src.rpm (RedHat 8.0. SRPM)
openmosixview-1.5-redhat73.src.rpm (RedHat 7.3. SRPM)
openmosixview-1.5-redhat72.src.rpm (RedHat 7.2. SRPM)
openmosixview-1.5-mdk91.src.rpm (Mandrake 9.1 SRPM)
openmosixview-1.5-suse82.src.rpm (SuSE 8.2. SRPM)
- openMosixview-1.5 is now adjusted+tested to compile+run fine on :
Redhat 7.2, Redhat 7.3, Redhat 8.0, Redhat 9.0, SuSE 8.2,
Mandrake 9.1, Debian 3.0, Gentoo (latest), Slackware 9.0,...
... to be continued
It is also tested to compile ok against any QT-version
from 2.3.x up to 3.x.x no matter if QT is compiled
with or without threads (libqt <-> libqt-mt)
- this release is a great clean-up of openMosixview.
The complete "autoconf" is removed !! and replaced
with static Makefiles. Here are the reasons why:
- openMosixview will run on openMosix system only.
It will only run on IA32 (or IA64 later) as openMosix too.
No need at all to adapt the whole compile-environment
to e.g. other architectures.
- openMosixivew just depends on a C-compiler and QT, nothing more.
"autoconf" makes it depended to many other stuff e.g. the
autoconf version. I do not like that.
- the openMosixview applications are all just a few C++ source files
and the "autoconf" generates i guess about 50-100 not needed files
for each application. I do not like that.
- there are just about 5-10 lines to execute for compiling
an openMosixview-application, not 500 as with "autoconf"
- to my mind it is much easier to manage about 5 Makefiles
than to fight with (or against) the "autoconf"
- it is much more transparent with static Makefiles
- errors are much more easy to detect and i can help better if
somebody has probs with it.
- read more about the autoconf-trouble at :
- the openMosixmigmon now works together with the "miggroup" feature in
the openMosix kernel. You can now select multiple processes by a
"mouse-draw" (hold mouse button one pressed and move the mouse) and
then migrate complete groups of processes to remote nodes.
Each "miggroup" (max 10 in the GUI) has a diffrent color so you
will know easily where your groups are migrated to.
- a "first idea" of a new openMosix monitoring application was added :
It is a small application which can be "attached" to any running process
and it will show the most serious data + information about it.
...... and it is not yet finished.
Any ideas + wanted features are welcome as usual.
- fixed the "font bug" so now all text in the openMosixview applications
should be displayed correctly on any linux distribution.
- commented out the "buildfont" function in the 3dmosmon which causes
crashes on some libglut versions. No text is displayed any more
but it works much safer now.
If you would like to run it (test it) with the text-display you can un-comment
line 50 in 3dmon/3dmosmon/barmanager.cpp and re-compile.
... also i noticed the sometimes the "base field" is not displayed
correctly (if you see it you will know). If this happens to you
try to compile it against another glut-version, this helps in my testing.
I really "love" this 3d-applet and that is the reason why it is still
"in" openMosixview until Johnny Cache has has "the next generation"
of the 3dmosmon ready ;)
- reduced the use of tmp-files in the openMosixview applications
(thanks to Jeremy Weatherford for sending a patch)
- the openMosixmigmon now displays only "migrateable" processes.
- fixed problem in openMosixprocs+openMosixmigmon to display
all processes whith their correct commandline.
- added a spinbox to change the refresh-timout for openMosixview,
openMosixanalyzer, openMosixpidlog and the openMosixmigmon.
- some smaller enhancements
openmosixview 1.4.tar.gz (sources)
openmosixview 1.4-new.tar.gz (sources with an updated automake/autoconf environment)
binary rpm packages:
openmosixview-1.4-redhat80.i386.rpm (RedHat 8.0. RPM)
openmosixview-1.4-redhat73.i386.rpm (RedHat 7.3. RPM)
openmosixview-1.4-redhat72.i386.rpm (RedHat 7.2. RPM)
openmosixview-1.4-suse73.i386.rpm (SuSE 7.3. RPM)
source rpm packages:
openmosixview-1.4-redhat80.src.rpm (RedHat 8.0. SRPM)
openmosixview-1.4-redhat73.src.rpm (RedHat 7.3. SRPM)
openmosixview-1.4-redhat72.src.rpm (RedHat 7.2. SRPM)
openmosixview-1.4-suse73.src.rpm (SuSE 7.3. SRPM)
- new application openMosixmigmon (drag'n drop processes!)
- adjusted the openMosixcollector to work with
openMosixWebView from Ramon Pons Vivanco
- better spec files / better rpms+srpms
- new source package with an updated automake/autoconf environment
- fixed typos
openMosixview 1.3.tar.gz (sources)
openMosixview-1.3-redhat80.i386.rpm (RedHat 8.0. RPM)
openMosixview-1.3-redhat73.i386.rpm (RedHat 7.3. RPM)
openMosixview-1.3-redhat72.i386.rpm (RedHat 7.2. RPM)
openMosixview-1.3-suse73.i386.rpm (SuSE 7.3. RPM)
- added column "lock" and "nmigs" to openMosixprocs
- removed alphabetic sorting of nodes
(nodes will be displayed like they appear in /proc/hpc/nodes)
- re-design of the "migrator"-window
- added local+remote process count
- added displaying more informations about remote processes
- add function "lock/unlock" process
- fixed some typos
- fixed "syncing" of logfiles in openMosixcollector
- fixed openMosixview for compiling with gcc-3.x
- added the 3dmosmon as an optional add-on
openMosixview 1.2.tar.gz (sources)
openMosixview 1.2.rh72.rpm (RedHat 7.2. RPM)
openMosixview 1.2.rh73.rpm (RedHat 7.3. RPM)
openMosixview 1.2.suse72.rpm (SuSE 7.2. RPM)
changes: (to Mosixview 1.1)
openMosixview is a complete rewrite "from the scratch" of Mosixview!
It has the same functionalities but there are fundamental changes in
ALL parts of the openMosixview source-code. It is tested with a
constantly changing cluster topography (required for the openMosix auto-discovery)
All "buggy" parts are removed or rewritten and it (should ;) run much more stable now.
- adapted to the openMosix-autodiscovery
- not using /etc/mosix.map or any cluster-map file anymore
- removed the (buggy) map-file parser
- rewrote all parts/functions/methods to a cleaner c++ interface
- fixed some smaller bugs in the display
- replaced MosixMem+Load with the openMosixanalyzer
- .. many more changes